Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Eggs-quisite

It’s hard to stand out amongst a sea of hipsters competing for the title, Most Unique, Weird, Whacky, and Original. After churning through search engines and websites while looking for tea cup cozies, I came across a piece of jewelry that arrested me with its matchless appeal: chrdesigns' handmade silver bird nest ring with golden eggs.

Using silver Parawire, chrdesigns employed basket weaving techniques to construct the nest, then dropped in three golden freshwater pearls to complete the package. I truly admire the bizarre, yet brilliant approach to the creative process and design of producing this trinket. Priced at only $26USD, chrdesigns can custom make you your own nest ring to suit the size of your finger, as well as giving you a selection of different coloured materials to choose from.

Stop. Check pulse. Take a breath. OK, I have recovered. Now, to find my credit card.

1 comment: