Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New York nostalgia

I can't eat. I can't sleep. My hands, shaking. My heart, pumping as crazily as a love-sick teen's upon seeing their ex, hand-in-hand, with their worst enemy. Yes, it happens! Spiralling downwards at a nauseatingly-fast pace, I am giving in to a disease that once you've caught, you can't shake. Wait. What? No, not it's not what you're thinking; I am suffering from the Travel Bug.

Image sourced from www.weheartit.com.

Viewing the travel photographs both taken by myself and others on Facebook has pushed me further down into a nostalgic pit, trapped and surrounded by memories of places seen and loved, ambitions of where to escape to next. What also plagues my thoughts - for an embarrassingly large part of each day - is one city in particular: I want to kiss it. Marry it. Embrace it. Share a cream-cheese covered bagel with it.

Image sourced from www.weheartit.com.

New York: I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment