Thursday, October 28, 2010

List-o-mania

Tumblr_laymo7xoai1qd9lrdo1_500_large
Image sourced from weheartit.com.


I’m feeling terribly uninspired today. It could have something to do with the shifting kaleidoscope that has parked itself behind my eyes; it is constantly diverting my mind to something different – a feature article that needs finishing, a suitcase that needs packing, then compressing or an over-analytical brain that needs to be squeezed out like an orange.

My answer to escaping the labyrinth inside my head: writing lists. I love lists. From dictionaries and thesauruses, to positives versus negatives, there’s nothing more clarifying than a sense of reason offered by a list.

In homage to listing and the charity it has bestowed upon me for, well, I’d say almost seven years, I am posting my most recent inventory of trivialities; I’m hoping this will spark a list-making session within you.

Likes
1. Semicolons and em dashes. Yes, I’m a sucker for syntax and it has sort of gone beyond obsessive

2. Only having one week until I jump on a plane to explore Europe, the UK, and China

3. Letters, emails and text messages; I’m all about the written word – in any form

4. Cupcakes and an extra-hot cup of English Breakfast

5. Having a key to Chonni and DD’s house!

6. Sydney

7. The smell of swiftly flipping through the pages of a brand-new magazine. Weird, right?

8. Dropping abbreviated words in face-to-face conversations, but refraining from using them when punching characters into my phone

9. The Extraordinary Ernie and Marvellous Maud series

10. 2009


Dislikes
1. The Big Bang Theory; I just don’t get why people like that show!

2. People who don’t use an indicator when turning

3. Shaken water – don’t ask

4. The aftermath of an all-nighter

5. Hearing Powderfinger and Green Day on the radio 24/7

6. Olives and fetta – I’m a freak, I know!

7. People who don’t like dogs

8. Deadlines

9. Food without a generous helping of salt

10. 2010

I can not think of a better way of venting. Seriously.


1 comment:

  1. I love that our house key made it on to your list of 'likes'. PS i miss you! come home safe xxx

    ReplyDelete